- Posted by:
Health Information Manager (Grade 2)
Permanent Part-Time 4 days OR Full-Time 5 days per week
- IMMEDIATE START -
Due to recent changes in our department an exciting new opportunity has arisen and we are seeking an experienced Health Information Manager to join our Health Information Services team based on-site at Western Private Hospital in Footscray. This is a permanent position that will see you working with the Health Information Services Manager in leading a successful team.
Western Private Hospital (WPH), is a boutique private hospital servicing the West of Melbourne with the provision of acute services, which has 70 inpatient beds. We have three operating theatres and a CSSD with WPH recognised as a provider of high level patient care and support. We provide a broad mix of specialties including interventional cardiology, orthopaedics, vascular, plastics, urology, gynaecology, colorectal, cardiac, oncology and general surgery for both medical and surgical patients.
About the Role
You will be predominately responsible for accurately coding medical records in accordance with Australian Coding Standards. You will be processing confidential data, which is used for billing, morbidity collections, research, statistical analysis, management information systems, quality activities and case mix management including Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) allocation.
The key responsibilities and duties for the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Accurate and timely coding of medical records in accordance with Australian Coding Standards
- Medico-legal requests processing
- Extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- ACHS Clinical Indicators Program extraction and submission
You will also be pivotal in supporting the HIS function and team and providing leadership and guidance when the Health Information Services Manager is on leave.
To be successful in this role, you will have comprehensive clinical coding experience and be able to work well independently whilst having a strong focus on achieving team goals. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management &/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Proven experience in clinical coding with knowledge of ICD-10-AM, ACHI & ACS
- Knowledge of Medico-Legal and Privacy Legislation and principles
- High level proficiency in the use of MS Office (eg. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system
- Knowledge of Cyberquery reporting system
- Experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
Benefits of Working at WPH include:
- Great market and enterprise agreement competitive salary
- Fantastic people and work environment with supportive management
- Job security working in an essential services industry
- Close to public transport and subsidised car parking
- Access to a range of health & wellbeing initiatives, staff discounts and benefits
CLOSING DATE: 6th May 2022 (or earlier if position is filled)
We are looking to start as early as possible and will be interviewing suitable candidates as they apply.
Please submit your application, including cover letter, your resume and at least 2 current referees, for the above position via: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries about this role contact: Elizabeth Lawson, Health Information Services Manager, by email: email@example.com or phone: 03 9319 3164 (Mon – Thurs)
For more information about WPH please visit our website at www.westernprivatehospital.com.au
All offers of employment are subject to those who have a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Card and evidence of Australian Residency or Full Working Rights in Australia.
It is a condition of employment to provide immunisation status against, or immunity, to diseases as required per the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic) inc. mandatory Influenza and COVID-19 vaccination.
We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.
WPH is an equal opportunity employer and committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ community to apply.