- Posted by:
- Supportive team environment
- Previous experience in a management position or other senior role.
- Education and training opportunities and opportunities to grow within one of Australia's largest Private Hospitals network
Are you an effective manager with exceptional leadership and decision making skills? An exciting opportunity exists for a Health Information Manager to join our professional team.
Nepean Private Hospital is seeking a manager with exceptional leadership and decision making skills to join our professional team on a full time basis. You will utilise your strong coding experience, good time management and problem solving skills in this dynamic role.
Nepean Private Hospital is located in the multi-cultural Western Sydney City of Penrith. The hospital is a modern 109 bed facility providing a wide range of health services to the local community since 2000 including: orthopaedics, spinal, gynaecology, ENT, plastics, urology and general surgery, endoscopy, cardiology, cardiac angiography and obstetrics.
It is an exciting time for Nepean Private Hospital. We are investing in our future with an exciting $38M redevelopment which will see our Hospital grow to meet the needs of our growing community with 4 new operating theatres, purpose built pre-admission area, new sterilising department, new foyer and retail space, new consulting suites, refurbished main entry and a new car park. We have also just purchased a new $3.5M Da Vinci Robot to expand our complex surgery program.
As a Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Assist with the timely extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- Assist with the development and management of forms rationalisation and digitised medical records management
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Experience in coding with knowledge of ICD-10-AM , ACHI & ACS
- Sound knowledge and experience in clinical coding and clinical coding audit processes
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
We care about your career at Healthscope.
No matter where you go within our community of care, you'll be supported by great team leaders, be part of strong, innovative teams who always strive for better and have the opportunity to flourish and grow.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
We are the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia. But why does that matter? Our team is made up of over 19,000 highly experienced people working across a range of roles and specialisations. Supported by some of the best doctors nationally, we come together to strive for better, sharing learnings, supporting each other, celebrating successes and facing challenges together.
Joining us opens the door to endless opportunities. We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development, specialisation and education, and support our people to grow and flourish.
Come and be the difference in our patient's lives.
Applications close: 27th June 2022
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. For any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, WWCC (where applicable) and Evidence of right to work in Australia prior to appointment. Staff in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.