- Posted by:
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to be responsible for the effective management and continual improvement of the health information services department. We are seeking a Health Information Manager who has the ability to lead the Health Information Services team and provide a service in all aspects of health information management, including coding, data reporting, quality projects, privacy and medico legal support.
We are open to graduate HIMs applying for this role and will support you to develop your career within Waratah Private Hospital and Evolution Healthcare.
This is a Permanent Part Time Role
This position will be based at the Waratah Private Hospital and is a part time role- 3 days per week.
Remuneration: 100k P.A + super (pro-rata)
To succeed in this role, you will be a Health Information Manager with highly developed communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels. You will have excellent organisational skills and a sound knowledge of activity-based funding.
The Health Information Manager is responsible for:
- Management of the Medical Records Department to ensure service delivery is effective, efficient and responsive to the needs of Waratah Private Hospital.
- Develop and maintain all related policies and procedures
- Clinical Coding
- Submission of relevant data, analysis and reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Client Management Systems
- Medical records storage and disposal
- Development and review of medical record forms according to Australian Standards
- Privacy Legislation is adhered to
- Annual budget for the HIS Department
- Improving Clinical Documentation standards within the Hospital
- Ongoing development of the HIS team
The successful applicant will have:
- Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Tertiary qualification in Health Information Management or working towards same
- Eligibility for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Experience with the administration of Patient Administration Systems (i.e. Webpas)