- Posted by:
Mercy Health has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager to join our Health Information Services team
Permanent Full Time
- Based at Werribee Mercy Hospital with remote and cross-campus coding opportunities (Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg)
- Varied casemix including ICU
- Comprehensive training program and supportive culture
- Job variety with HIM portfolio opportunities in addition to coding allocation
- Ensure accurate completion of monthly ICD-10-AM coding within set deadlines
- Participation in coding quality audits
- Participation in quality management activities aimed at improving HIS service, systems and procedures
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent qualification with eligibility for full HIMAA Membership
- Previous coding experience preferred
- High attention to detail
- Proven organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite experience and Patient & Client Management System (PCMS) exposure, or the ability to pick up in-house systems quickly
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Danielle Pilovski, Manager Health Information Services
- Phone: 03 8754 3612
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.