- Posted by:
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Waverley Private Hospital is an 98-bed hospital that has been providing care to the Eastern region communities of Melbourne for over 50 years. It provides Medical, Surgical and Maternity specialities and services. Waverley Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
About the Role
Waverley Private Hospital is looking for an experienced Health Information Manager to join our Clinical Coding & Medical Records team. In this role, you will be responsible for the administration and management of Health Information Services to ensure timely and accurate clinical coding and related data is collected, collated and managed in line with site, state and federal legislative requirements.
- Diploma/ Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- To be eligible for membership with the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Effective communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required Desirable
- Previous private health experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of health fund contracting system (desirable)
Working knowledge of Patient Management System (desirable)
- Minimum 2 to 5 years hospital medical record coding experience covering a variety of specialties
All applications must be lodged online. Applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be up-to-date in their vaccination against COVID-19 (including the third dose, as required) using a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
For enquiries, please contact:
Eranga Alwis, Director of Finance and Hospital Support Services (East Metro Network)