- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Manager – Part Time
- Join our leadership team in this Key role
- Supportive Management
- Previous management experience in a similar role desired
Do you have exceptional leadership and decision making skills?
An exciting opportunity exists for a Health Information Manager to join our professional team on a Part-time basis.
Campbelltown Private Hospital is seeking a Health Information manager with exceptional leadership and decision making skills to join our team. You will utilise your strong coding experience, good time management and problem solving skills in this dynamic role.
Campbelltown Private Hospital is a purpose built private hospital located in Park Central, the ever-growing medical hub of Campbelltown. Our modern facilities include 8 Operating Theatres, 48 Surgical beds, 16 bed Day Surgery Unit and 34 bed Rehabilitation Unit. We offer excellent employee conditions with extensive support, professional development and future leadership opportunities.
Joining our team means you’ll be supported by great team leaders, be part of a strong, innovative team who always strive for better, and have the opportunity to flourish and grow.
As a Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Assist with the timely extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- Assist with the development and management of forms rationalisation and digitised medical records management
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Sound knowledge and experience in clinical coding and clinical coding audit processes
- Sound understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG), 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder and PICQ
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Previous experience with Private Sector Funding Models and Reporting Models
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system
- Demonstrated experience in a Management role
- HIMAA certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent, with minimum 2 years’ experience using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
We care about your career at Healthscope.
No matter where you go within our community of care, you’ll be supported by great team leaders, be part of strong, innovative teams who always strive for better and have the opportunity to flourish and grow.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
We are the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia. But why does that matter? Our team is made up of over 19,000 highly experienced people working across a range of roles and specialisations. Supported by some of the best doctors nationally, we come together to strive for better, sharing learnings, supporting each other, celebrating successes and facing challenges together.
Joining us opens the door to endless opportunities. We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development, specialisation and education, and support our people to grow and flourish. Come and be the difference in our patient's lives.
Applications close: 14 April 2023
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, WWCC (where applicable) and Evidence of right to work in Australia prior to appointment.
Staff in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.