- Posted by:
An exciting opportunity exists for enthusiastic Health information Managers and Clinical Coders to join St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) to support the new Rapid Access Hub (RAH).
- Fixed term part-time, full-time (until June 2024) opportunities with potential to be ongoing
- Casual positions will also be considered
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home
- Classification and salary will be negotiated based on applicant experience
- Classification of patient episodes using ICD-10-AM and AR-DRG classification in accordance with Australian Coding Standards and Victorian Guidelines
- Participate in ensuring all internal and external coding reporting deadlines are achieved
- Complete the cancer registration process for all relevant cancer patients at the time of coding
- Participate in quality coding audits, including review of PICQ and RISQ flagged coding edits
- Participate in monthly coding meetings and other relevant educational opportunities
- Support the submission of nominated patient dataset to the Department of Health
About the Rapid Access Hub
SVHM will be establishing a new Rapid Access Hub (RAH) to operate out of the St Vincent’s on the Park (SVOP) campus, in February 2023. When fully operational 4 theatres will treat up to 7,000 patients annually.
About the Health Information Services Team
Health Information Services (HIS) is a busy department providing a range of services to SVHM and external providers.
Join this well-established team with a renewed focus on creating ‘the best place to work for outstanding people’ through SVHA People Strategy. SVHM not only offers flexible work arrangements, but recognises wellbeing and work life balance; supporting individual arrangements that work best for both SVHM and our employees.
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, SVHM offers varied case mix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU. Our coding team say this is one of the best parts of working at SVHM.
A commitment to continuous improvement, SVHM is also actively advancing education and technology to support our coding and audit work and progressing transition to Electronic Medical Record (EMR). SVHM has also recently introduced 3M Codefinder software.
You will be supported in your role by a friendly, experienced, supportive team of 26 HIMs/Clinical coders, coding educators and coding auditors.
Successful applicants will have opportunity to work remotely or from our lovely department on Gertrude Street, Fitzroy.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Health Information Management or recognised Clinical Coding qualification
- Eligibility for full registration with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (desirable)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience tertiary hospital casemix (desirable)
- Experience in use of 3M Codefinder software
- Understanding of the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset (VAED), the Policy and Funding Guidelines and the VAED Criteria for Reporting (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Current National Criminal History Check, or willing to obtain
Working at St Vincent’s
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.