- Posted by:
We are seeking a HIM to join our team at Castlecrag Private Hospital. This is a permanent part-time position that will see you working with the Director of Finance in leading a successful team Health Information Services function. Flexible working hours available with opportunities for remote working.
About the Role
Castlecrag Private Hospital is a boutique hospital providing a wide range of health care services including cosmetic surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and medical services. In this role you will support the Director of Finance and ensure data is collected, collated and managed in line with hospital and relative legislative requirements. You will be required to provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards.
To succeed in this role you will be an experienced coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities. You will be a team player who is passionate about collaborating with all departments and other Ramsay hospitals to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualifications;
- Diploma/ Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Eligible for membership with Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Effective communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as require
The successful candidate will have the following desirable qualifications;
- A minimum of 2 years of hospital medical records coding experience across a variety of specialities
- Previous private health experience
- Advanced skills at data collection and interpretation
- Knowledge of health fund contracting experience