- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder
- Permanent, Full-Time with monthly ADO (Part-time considered)
- Flexible working arrangements, including opportunity to work from home
- Generous salary + super + salary packaging, including 5 weeks of annual leave
- Grade 1 or 2 dependant on experience
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder to join the friendly and supportive Eastern Health coding team that is committed to ongoing professional development. Clinical coding is the primary responsibility within this role.
Utilising both a scanned and electronic medical record, you will be exposed to a diverse casemix and will be provided with ongoing education and onboarding support to transition to the EH coding service, led by a team of experienced Coding Coordinators. You will need to be highly motivated, enthusiastic, have a strong desire to learn and be adaptive to change. Flexible working arrangements and opportunity to work from home are available. New graduates are welcome to apply.
- Ensuring timely, comprehensive and accurate coding of inpatient episodes using ICD-10-AM
- Participation in quality and education activities
- Maintenance of current knowledge in all aspects of health information management
- Eligibility for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Comprehensive knowledge of current ICD-10-AM coding standards and guidelines
- Commitment to quality and ongoing education
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to determine priorities, achieve targets, meet deadlines and adapt to change
- Completion of IHACPA ICD-10-AM 12th Edition education package
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in coding and casemix data collection
- Familiarity with Victorian reporting guidelines and coding advice
- Strong computer literacy
- Experience utilising an electronic and scanned medical record
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health is a child safe organisation, committed to promoting the wellbeing and cultural safety of Aboriginal children, children with disabilities and all children in their diversity.
Eastern Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that welcomes and values all people. We recognise that diversity is essential in ensuring Eastern Health provides the best service to its consumers.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, those from the LGBTIQ+ community, people living with disability and those from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, are strongly encouraged to apply. Those seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact the hiring manger listed or feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition team.
Values in Action: Respect for all | Safe always | Partnering in care | Learning and improving every day
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**