- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Reference Number: 37594: Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder
Employment Type: On Going Full Time (FT)
Location: Northern Health (All Campuses)
About Northern Health:
As an organisation we have a clear focus on how we service and partner with our community, including our strategy of helping the community stay well when at home. Our reputation of community minded, inclusive and progressive is matched to none.
Northern Health is located in the rapidly growing northern suburbs with projected growth the biggest in the state. With a booming, culturally rich and diverse community, and less than an hour’s drive from the CBD, Melbourne’s North is fast becoming the place to be!
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder to join the team at Northern Health. This role requires an applicant who is has a keen interest in clinical coding and Casemix.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Coding of discharged patient medical records utilising the 3M Codefinder as per Australian Coding Standards.
- Participate in Unit Audit meetings to review coding and documentation of recently discharged patients.
- Support the Operations Manager Coding & Casemix and the Coding Coordinators in implementing strategic initiatives by engaging with Executive Directors, Program Directors and Department Managers.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A good working knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards, Activity Based Funding and statutory reporting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Previous experience in a Health Information Manager/Clinical coding.
- Knowledge of Activity Based Funding and statutory reporting requirements.
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
For further details, please contact:
Melissa Sajeva, Operations Manager Coding and Casemix via email@example.com or 84052466
Please see Position Description here.
Applications close 28th May 2023 or please contact the Hiring Manager if you have any queries.
Why work at the Northern Health?
We offer a range of benefits to support and reward staff both personally and professionally, which includes:
- Health and Wellbeing programs, including our ‘Thrive’ program
- Flexibility in the workplace and extra leave options and support
- An inclusive and culturally safe space
- State of the art facilities and campus partnerships
- A commitment to ongoing professional development through our ‘Learning Labs’
- Access to salary packaging, EAP and our online library
For a glimpse of life at NH, click here.
Work with us! Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.
All employees of Northern Health must comply with the health service’s Staff Health / Workforce Immunisation procedure (as amended from time to time) together with any relevant State Government and Departmental directives. This requires all employees to be vaccinated for various diseases such as, but not limited to influenza and Covid-19.