- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Manager / Clinical Coder
– Fulltime, Permanent Position
The Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) is seeking a clinical coder to join our Coding and Casemix team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a team of highly skilled professionals and contribute to the hospitals mission of advancing health for everyone, every day.
Current final year Health Information Management/ clinical coding course students are encouraged to apply. Position start dates are flexible.
- Above award salary.
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home.
- Use of a world class Electronic Medical Record.
- Enjoy salary packaging, onsite discounted car parking and monthly ADOs.
- Centrally located at Royal Melbourne Hospital’s brand new modernised building on Elizabeth Street.
Your new team:
Our Health Information Managers are an exceptional team of professionals who are passionate about their work. They are committed to providing the highest quality clinical coding and working together as a supportive and inclusive team to make a positive impact on patient care. They value collaboration and strive to support each other in achieving goals.
Your new role:
Motivated Health Information Managers and Clinical Coders have an exciting opportunity to advance or begin their careers by joining a prestigious, values-based organisation. You will be involved in:
- Coding a challenging and varied Casemix utilising 3M CodeFinder as your coding tool.
- Personal, one on one training program with an assigned Coding Educator to focus on individual needs and growth
- Quality and optimisation audits to assist with the application of consistent coding standards amongst the team
- Working collaboratively within small groups to problem solve coding questions and discuss processes
- Involvement in team leadership activities such as ensuring the team meets monthly coding deadlines by co-ordinating end of month coding
You have completed/currently undertaking a Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent, as well as:
- An understanding and familiarity coding inpatient episodes using ICD-10-AM & ACHI.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current Australian Coding Standards and Victorian and National specific coding advice
- Sound understanding of the Victorian Admitted Episodes Dataset and the Policy and Funding Guidelines - Victorian Public Hospitals, Victorian Criteria for Reporting and DRG grouper logic.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
Benefit of working with the Royal Melbourne Hospital:
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team.
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.