- Posted by:
After 16 years as part of the Healthe Care Australia group, in 2021 its Specialty Services business reorganised itself into Aurora Healthcare - Australia's largest specialist private mental health provider and one of the nation's leading providers of private rehabilitation and community services.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Health Information Manager / Clinical Coder to effectively manage and coordinate the operational aspects of the Health Information Service of Robina Private Hospital and provide support and assistance to the Health Information Services of Eden, Mackay and Townsville Private Hospitals.
This is a hands-on HIM and clinical coder role, based at Robina Private Hospital, which may require occasional travel to other Queensland sites.
As the Health Information Manager, reporting to the Hospital CEO, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of all aspects of health information management within Robina Private Hospital, including management of HIS staff, forms design and stock management, record access, retrieval, retention, disposal and other HIS processes
- Coordination and management of Clinical Coding at Robina Private and allocations of remote Clinical Coding staff to Eden and Mackay Private Hospitals, to ensure accurate and timely coding according to KPIs and relevant standards
- Continuously auditing, assessing and improving the overall quality, completeness, timeliness and accuracy of clinical documentation to support:
- The delivery of high quality, safe patient care
- Accreditation and adherence to quality standards
- Receipt of appropriate reimbursement revenues
- Provision of advice and development of education resources to improve clinical documentation
- Review of current practices, development of quality improvement activities and identification of training needs within the Health Information Service and Clinical Teams
- Involvement in the design, planning, implementation, and control of medical record systems, including the maintenance of policy and procedure manuals
- Medicolegal / release of information decision making and management in accordance with relevant legislation and Aurora policies
- Management of statutory data reporting for Robina, Eden and Mackay Private Hospitals.
- Membership of the National Forms Committee and participation in relevant committee and team meetings as applicable
- Provision of health information management expertise and assistance to the Executive and clinical staff of the sites, as required
- Support other health information activities, as required
- Carry out other tasks as delegated by National HIM, or Aurora Executive
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a hospital environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work and manage staff remotely
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with as required
- High level skills in data collection and interpretation
- An in-depth knowledge of clinical documentation standards
- Eligibility for Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) membership
- Previous experience in a private hospital environment
- Previous experience with webPAS, TurboGrouper or Turbocoder
- Previous CDI experience or certification
Please note: We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as they apply so we may choose to close this ad before the stated closing date.
No recruitment agencies, please. If we require assistance we will reach out to our preferred suppliers.