- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder
South Eastern Private Hospital – Aurora Healthcare
Noble Park, Victoria
South Eastern Private Hospital (SEPH) is a 192 bed facility which offers a range of services including Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Oncology, Medical/Oncology, Palliative Care and Renal Dialysis.
Our vision is to be the foremost health facility delivering best practice inpatient and outpatient services in the South Eastern Melbourne corridor. We are easily accessible from Eastlink and Monash Freeway as well as Princes Hwy and Heatherton Rd and provide free parking for all staff.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Health Information Manager / Clinical Coder to effectively manage and coordinate the operational aspects of the Health Information Service of South Eastern Private Hospital and provide support and assistance to the Health Information Services of the wider Aurora Healthcare group.
This is a hands-on HIM and clinical coder role, based at South Eastern Private Hospital, but may require occasional travel to other Aurora Healthcare sites, both within Victoria and interstate.
As the Health Information Manager, reporting to the Hospital Executive, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of all aspects of health information management within South Eastern Private Hospital, including management of HIS staff, forms design and stock management, record access, retrieval, retention, disposal and other HIS processes
- Coordination and management of Clinical Coding at South Eastern Private, to ensure accurate and timely coding according to KPIs and relevant standards
- Continuously auditing, assessing and improving the overall quality, completeness, timeliness and accuracy of clinical documentation to support:
- The delivery of high quality, safe patient care
- Accreditation and adherence to quality standards
- Receipt of appropriate reimbursement revenues
- Provision of advice and development of education resources to improve clinical documentation
- Review of current practices, development of quality improvement activities and identification of training needs within the Health Information Service and Clinical Teams
- Involvement in the design, planning, implementation, and control of medical record systems, including the maintenance of policy and procedure manuals
- Medicolegal / release of information decision making and management in accordance with relevant legislation and Aurora policies
- Management of statutory data reporting for South Eastern Private Hospital.
- Membership of the National Forms Committee and participation in relevant committee and team meetings as applicable
- Provision of health information management expertise and assistance to the Executive and clinical staff
- Support other health information activities, as required
- Carry out other tasks as delegated by National HIM, or Aurora Executive
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a hospital environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- High level skills in data collection and interpretation
- An in-depth knowledge of clinical documentation standards
- Eligibility for Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) membership
- Previous experience in a private hospital environment
- Previous experience with webPAS, TurboGrouper or Turbocoder
- Previous CDI experience or certification
Enquiries and Written Applications to:
Andrew Blyth - Chief Executive Officer/Executive General Manager (Vic/WA)
Telephone: 03 9549 6331