- Posted by:
- Coordinate the Audit, Education and Training portfolio for the Clinical Coding Department within the Department of Health (DoH) to ensure work objectives are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Responsible for accurate inpatient Clinical Coding and AR-DRG assignment for funding, activity reporting, clinical and non-clinical research, casemix analysis and patient care quality improvement.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- This role is key component of the State-wide Clinical Coding team that forms part of the State-wide Health Information Management Services team. The successful applicant will ideally be located in Hobart however a base in Launceston, Devonport or Burnie is negotiable for the right applicant. This role holds the portfolio for Audit, Education and Training across the state and will be responsible for coordinating a small team of Senior Clinical Coder – Auditor/Educators to deliver a high quality audit program along with associated education activities for the Clinical Coding team. This role also supports newly qualified staff through an established Clinical Coding Competency program. The successful applicant will be an experienced and driven Health Information Manager with a specialist interest in ensuring the key deliverable of high quality coded data is achieved for the team state-wide.
- The role is supported by the Health Information Manager – Clinical Coding Data Governance and Oncology and the State-wide Clinical Coding Manager as well as the broader state-wide Clinical Coding team. Flexible working conditions are also a feature of this role including the ability to work from home in accordance with an established Health Information Management Services Guideline.
- The Department of Health is supported by 4 main hospitals state-wide. In the south, the Royal Hobart Hospital is the largest hospital in the state and is the tertiary referral centre in Tasmania. The North and North West of the state are supported by the Launceston General Hospital, the North West Regional Hospital and the Mersey Community Hospital. A range of services is provided including trauma, burns, interventional cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, obstetric and specialist neonatal services as well as general medical and surgical services.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day work, position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing from March 2022
Salary: $97,266 - $110, 374 per annum + 10% superannuation
For More Information
Position: Clinical Coding Manager
Phone: (03) 6777 6545