- Posted by: Andrea Gall
- The THS Clinical Coding team is a State-wide department responsible for the accurate and timely classification of public inpatient episodes of care across Tasmania. We code a diverse and interesting casemix drawn from 4 main hospitals (Royal Hobart Hospital, Launceston General Hospital, North West Regional Hospital and Mersey Community Hospital) and 8 district hospitals and smaller facilities across the state. Our team consists of a small Clinical Coding Management team, Senior Coders, Clinical Coders and Trainee Coders located across the state.
- Our key team values include quality, flexibility, respect, trust and growth
- We proudly offer flexible work locations and patterns where available
- We can negotiate a relocation package for interstate applicants to the value of $15,000. Further details available on request.
The Health Information Manager Audit, Education and Training forms an integral part of the Clinical Coding Management team and will:
- Coordinate the Audit, Education and Training portfolio for the Clinical Coding Department within the Department of Health (DoH) to ensure work objectives are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Coordinate the DoH Senior Clinical Coding team and provide specialist training, support and mentoring, including implementing improvements to internal training programs and maintenance of clinical coding and clinical documentation clarification processes.
- Manage the Clinical Coding Department's Audit process, including provision of specialist advice as required with reference to Audit, Education and Training portfolio and with specific reference to Clinical Coding and Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group (AR-DRG) assignment.
- Support the development and maintenance of programs to ensure accuracy of clinical coding of inpatient episodes, AR-DRG assignment and inpatient data through the application of Clinical Coding auditing methodologies and quality improvement activities.
- Provide specialist auditing of inpatient clinical coding, clinical documentation and AR-DRGs and undertake other related quality improvement activities.
- Be responsible for accurate inpatient Clinical Coding and AR-DRG assignment for funding, activity reporting, clinical and non-clinical research, casemix analysis and patient care quality improvement.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment:
Permanent full time, day worker working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing from 28 May 2023.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
- Intrastate travel
Hobart, Launceston, Devonport or Burnie
$101,705 - $115,272 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
- Salary range is in accordance with Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2022
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management with substantial knowledge of and experience in Clinical Coding, Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups and Activity Based Funding
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
How to Apply:
*Please note that our application process has changed. Refer to the application guide for information on the new application format.
Apply Online. Please click the "Apply" button from the link at the top of ad. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information:
Statewide Clinical Coding Manager
(03) 6777 6545
Health Information Manager – Data Governance and Oncology
(03) 6777 6545