- Posted by:
Seize the opportunity to take on this direct management position and grow your career!
Permanent full-time opportunity
North Shore Private Hospital is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to be responsible for the effective management and continual improvement of the health information services department. We are seeking a Health Information Manager who has the ability to lead the coding and medical records teams and provide a service in all aspects of health information management, including coding, data reporting, quality projects, privacy and medico legal support.
In this role you will be supported by a state health information management team including Regional Health Information Manager, State Coding Auditor Educator and State Coding Educator. Additionally, you will have access to a national network of health information managers, clinical documentation specialists and clinical coding education and auditing experts.
Your Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will be a Health Information Manager with highly developed communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Degree in Health Information Management or equivalent
- Membership (or eligible) with the HIMAA
- Advanced clinical coding experience
- Advanced data collection and analysis skills using Excel
- Proven ability in managing people withing a team environment as well independently to achieve results
- Self-motivated in learning and the development of others
Why Choose a Ramsay Career?
Our caring and constructive organisational culture and the teamwork of our loyal and committed staff help us to deliver excellent health care and achieve positive outcomes for our patients. Ramsay believes in a bright future for our company and for every one of our employees.
A genuine commitment to family friendly practices, work-life balance and learning and development programs has seen us grow as an industry leader and a sought after employer. We offer strong, flexible career paths and provide unique opportunities to work across Ramsay’s network of facilities.
North Shore Private Hospital is a 312-bed acute surgical and obstetric facility which performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, paediatrics and Robotic Surgery. The theatre complex consists of 20 operating theatres, 3 day surgery theatres, 3 cardiac cath labs and a 19 bed ICU.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online and should include a CV and 2 current work-related references.
For enquiries, please contact Emma Quoy – Director of Finance
Applications Close: 16th December 2022