- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Full Time Fixed Term
Prison Services Position Summary
- Extensive investment in facilities and people supporting our significant service expansion
- Free On-site Parking
- Health Information Manager Grade 3
- Salary range ($95,737 - $109,376)
- A culture where people care
- 12 month fixed term maternity leave replacement
A career in the forensic mental health sector is diverse, challenging and rewarding. A career at Forensicare will be like no other. If you're passionate about supporting people in their mental health recovery, Forensicare is where you need to be. You will be a part of a caring and supportive team, making a real difference to people living with the dual stigma of mental illness and offending. We approach our work with curiosity and a commitment to understanding the unique needs of our consumers and carers. Working across community, hospital and prison settings, you can learn, apply your specialist skills and advance in your profession. Together, we can contribute to a more connected, compassionate mental health and criminal justice system.
Based at our Prison Directorate Corporate Office located in Derrimut, just 20 minutes west of the city. Our Prison Directorate provides specialist forensic mental health services across 12 of Victoria's 14 prisons with expansion underway to include Western Plains in the Barwon region. The position will require the successful applicant to travel across various Prison sites as required.
About the Role:
Provide HIM leadership across a range of complex programs and varied Prison Service staff groups, to ensure the availability of up to date, accessible and secure health information that meets the requirements of the organisation, the Department of Justice and Regulation, the Department of Health and Human Services and other agreed stakeholders.
Provide leadership and support to the Health Information workforce across the Prison Service.
- Coding of Prison bed based services, in accordance with Australian and Victorian Coding Standards and data entry of the codes into the CMI system.
- Develop, implement and maintain a suite of Key Performance Indicators across the Prison Service.
- Work with Prison Management Staff to review current internal and external reporting requirements and identify sustainable future reporting solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the HIM Team and Prison Management Staff and contribute to the strategic planning and policy development relating to Health Information Services across the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Australian Standards pertaining to health information across the Prison Service.
- Ensure appropriate systems and processes are in place to ensure all accreditation criteria are met for Health Information Management.
- Work with the HIM Team and IT Department to further develop the Forensicare electronic medical record.
- Identify and undertake quality improvement activities for improving Health Information management support and services for the Prison Service at Forensicare.
- Participate in the Forensicare Clinical Information Committee meetings and act as the Committee Chair in the absence of the Chief Health Information Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- A Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Previous experience managing and developing a Health Information Service Tram
- Previous coding experience in accordance with Australian and Victorian Coding Standards
- Previous experience working with Rapid/CMI, Patient Administration Systems, Scanning or Electronic Health Records and Jcare prison system
- Excellent organisational time management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical data with the ability to prepare and present reports
A culture where people matter.
- Excellent supervision and investment in the skill development of all our team members.
- Well defined career pathways existing across our Directorates with multi-disciplined Teams.
- Salary Packaging Options available – Mortgage, Rent, Car, Expenses
- A leading, multi-faceted approach to safety, with unparalleled strategic, practical, individualised and team-based supports to minimise risks and fear and maximise safety and security, underpinned by our workplace health and safety strategy.
- Celebration and reward for good performance, through employee recognition.
- Access to an employee assistance program – an external, confidential, self-referral employee wellbeing program, for personal or work-related matters.
- A mental health and wellbeing program providing psychological, peer support and critical incidence response programs.
For more information on Careers at Forensicare, visit https://www.forensicare.vic.gov.au/careers
- COVID19 & Influenza Vaccination Evidence
- This position is subject to a Police Check
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Forensicare promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.