- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Manager
Job no: 546927
Work type: Full time
Location: Port Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
Health Information Manager / Senior Clinical Coder
Permanent Full Time Role
Port Macquarie Private Hospital
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to be responsible for the effective management and continual improvement of the clinical coding department. We are seeking a Health Information Manager or Senior Clinical Coder who has the ability to lead the administration team and provide a service in all aspects of health information management, including clinical coding, data reporting, quality projects, privacy and medico legal support.
In this role you will be supported by a state health information management team including Regional Health Information Manager, State Coding Auditor Educator and State Coding Educator. Additionally, you will have access to a national network of health information managers, clinical documentation specialists and clinical coding education and auditing experts.
We are open to graduate HIMs or senior clinical coders who have an interest in gaining qualifications to become a HIM applying for this role and will support you to develop your career within Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals. Remote working arrangements will be considered for the right applicant.
To succeed in this role, you will be a Health Information Manager or Senior Clinical Coder with a highly developed communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability engage and influence a range of stakeholders at all levels. You will have excellent organisational skills and a sound knowledge of activity-based funding.
You will also bring:
- Degree in Health Information Management or equivalent qualification
- Membership (or eligible) with the HIMAA
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve results
- Self-motivated in learning and the development of others
- Clinical coding experience is essential.
- Advanced data collection and analysis skills using Excel
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Port Macquarie Private Hospital is a 72 bed acute Medical/Surgical and Rehab facility with 6 Renal Chairs and a Day Surgery complex and is continually growing its services. Comprehensive Medical/Surgical services are offered with 24 hour Medical Officer Support including Rehabilitation, General Medical, General Surgical, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Bariatric Surgery, Urology, Plastics & Ophthalmology.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Seek - https://www.seek.com.au/job/60385506
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Paul Woolfe, on WoolfeP@ramsayhealth.com.au