- Posted by: Andrea Gall
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the Grampians Health Ballarat VAED data collections – acute and subacute - to ensure accuracy and integrity of inpatient activity data. The role also includes management of relevant AIMS datasets.
- Manage VAED dataset for Grampians Health Ballarat – acute and subacute.
- Undertake data extraction, cleansing, submission, cleansing, reconciliation cycle, ensuring DHHS and internal reporting timelines are met.
- Liaise with clinical and clinical coder stakeholders to ensure compliance with the VAED Criteria for Reporting and understanding of data integrity requirements
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in matters pertaining to the VAED as required
- Implement and maintain quality control and reconciliation measures
- Manage AIMS datasets A2, A3, SAAI and daily DCOR reporting
Key selection criteria include:
- Qualified Health Information Manager or experienced Data Manager
- Experience in managing a mandatory dataset
- Ability to work independently, self-assign and complete tasks
- Excellent analytical ability: ability to collate, analyse and present information to varying audience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to critically evaluate data quality and seek opportunities to improve
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders