- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Epworth HealthCare Health Information Services is seeking an enthusiastic and vibrant Health Information Manager to join our team as the HIS Clerical Operations Manager at Richmond and Freemasons.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing strong leadership to the clerical and medical record access teams across these two sites (total of 20.2 FTE).
The successful applicant will report to the Group Manager HIS & Patient Revenue and will also be supported by our experienced Site HIS Managers. You will be a member of the HIS leadership team that actively drives the strategic direction of our service, to ensure Epworth HealthCare continues to be a leader in health information services across the private sector.
A key focus of this role will be the ongoing review of manual tasks in HIS, working closely with the group wide Epworth Digitise Program. This will involve establishment of digitised automated processes, through the implementation of robotics and automation software, in order to support our FTE levels and optimise work efficiency.
Based predominately at our Richmond campus with the option to work a portion of hours from home. Personal and professional development opportunities through Epworth HealthCare’s scholarship program are available and strongly encouraged.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with HIS clerical and medical record access teams at Richmond and Freemasons, and building a positive work culture.
- Ensure HIS accomplishes set KPIs within allocated department budget.
- Drive real change in HIS through digitisation, process automation and robotics.
- Work together with our DMR Quality and Development Manager and other HIS Site Managers to continually enhance our Digital Medical Record.
- Provision of training and liaison with clinical and administrative staff across our hospitals to achieve outcomes that both support patient care and ensure compliance within HIS processes.
- Ensure medical record access requests are managed in a timely manner in accordance with the Health Records Act.
- Coordinate public patient contractual arrangements relating to medical record information.
- Planning and participation in Quality activities to facilitate Accreditation requirements at both departmental and organisational level.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent).
- Previous staff management experience in a Health Information Services setting.
- Experience working with a digital medical record (preferably BOSSnet).
- Strong IT, communication and problem-solving skills.
- A positive work attitude with a proven track record in driving change.