- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Information Services Manager
Manager Health Information Services
Greenslopes Private Hospital, Greenslopes
FULL TIME - Job no: 552204
About the role
This position requires an experienced Health Information Services Manager with knowledge of private health funding models, clinical coding and health records management, including legislative compliance and data reporting.
- This role will work closely with the Senior Executive team and other hospital managers to drive the ongoing development of health information services and must have excellent communication, engagement skills and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for the administration and management of Health Information Services to ensure data is collected, collated, and managed in line with site, state and federal legislative requirements.
- The Manager will provide operational leadership to a large cohesive team and will assist them achieve strategic objects and targets in a fast paced environment.
- Diploma/ Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Eligible for or membership with the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Previous health information management experience including records management
- Knowledge of private hospital episode funding
- A minimum of five (5) years hospital medical records experience.
- A high level of computer literacy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Patient Management System
The successful applicant needs to be flexible with shifts and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
About the company
Greenslopes Private Hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, and located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. Our employees are committed to delivering the best treatments and outcomes for each patient in an innovative and supportive environment. We have highly-trained local specialists – many of whom are leaders in their chosen fields. The hospital employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 23 operating theatres, 4 Cardiac Cath Labs and 10 rooms in the Day and Minor procedure Unit. . We offer an extensive range of rewards and benefits for our employees including reduced private health insurance, free car parking, onsite childcare, and a variety of retail, corporate and financial services discounts.
Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to permanent employees Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance
- Study leave
- Permanent employees and their families are eligible for a fitness passport – to help achieve your wellness goals with a discounted gym membership
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave – ask to find out more specific details
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Emma Carlson on firstname.lastname@example.org