- Posted by:
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network - Lyell McEwin and Modbury Hospitals - Elizabeth Vale and Modbury
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $114,730 - $123,939 p.a. - ASO7 - Ongoing Full-Time
The Manager, Clinical Coding Service is accountable to the Health Administrator Advisor for the overall operational and strategic management of the Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN), Clinical Coding Service across the Lyell McEwin and Modbury Hospital Sites.
The Manager, Clinical Coding Service ensures procedures and education and training programs are in place within NALHN to deliver clinical coding activities that meets Department of Health and Wellbeing (DHW) and Australian Coding standards and for the provision of timely and accurate morbidity coded data to meet the DHW’s reporting requirements.
In this role you will establish robust monitoring, reporting, and auditing processes within the network that seeks to maximise the organisations understanding of clinical coding practice and Casemix funding revenue, including working in partnership with and providing expert clinical coding advice to clinical, paramedical, Casemix and financial staff on the analysis of morbidity data and Diagnostic Related Group (DRG’s) initiatives.
To be eligible for this position you must have:
- Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) Certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent.
- HIMAA Advanced Coding Certification or equivalent.
- Clinical Coding Auditing Course
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Clinical Coder in a tertiary hospital
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 771241
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 771241