- Posted by:
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent position - ongoing
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight + ADO
- Classification - Health Information Manager Grade 4 (JB24)
- Located at The Alfred, 541 St Kilda Road
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health is entering an exciting era with the implementation of the Pilot 3M 360 Encompass System and other innovations to integrate and automate clinical documentation integrity (CDI), medical records clinical coding and performance monitoring across all Alfred Health facilities. This advanced technology will enable Alfred Health to improve, query and monitor documentation for optimal coded data, increasing coding productivity, appropriate DRG capture and reimbursement, and actionable data to support the improvement of patient outcomes.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Health Information Manager with a passion for leading a motivated team of Educators and HIM/Clinical Coders across Alfred Health. You will provide operational leadership and be responsible for the overall management of resources to support timely and accurate clinical coded data across all Alfred Health Specialties for the purpose of funding, planning, patient data quality and research. As part of this role you will also engage with clinical, financial and administrative teams to further develop, analyse and report casemix related data.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Bachelor of Health Sciences (Medical Classification)/Bachelor of Health Information Management or other equivalent qualification and eligibility for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
• Management and leadership experience in a Health Information Management position
• At least 7 years in a clinical coding position at tertiary level
• Innovative and creative problem solving ability
• Currency of knowledge in ICD-10-AM, ACS, VAED reporting, National Funding Model
• Strong reporting and analytical skills
• Proven ability to determine priorities and organise workload effectively and efficiently
• High level communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
• Eligible for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
• Experience with database management like Power BI reports
• Experience with other Hospital systemssoftware
• Salary Packaging
• Discount Health Insurance
• Car Parking (subject to availability)
• Onsite Gym
• Child care services
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Close to public transport
Please ensure you address the Key Selection criteria in your application.
Applications close Monday, 7 March 2022 at midnight.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Martin McCall-White, Deputy Director Operations on (03) 9076 3931 or email@example.com