- Posted by: Andrea Gall
MDHS services the Central Goldfields and Pyrenees Shire with campuses in Avoca, Dunolly and Maryborough. The strong clinical and social links between the three campuses ensure that the community is cared for by qualified staff who are committed to high standards of person-centred care. MDHS is one of the largest employers in the region, providing the perfect setting to become part of our team and community.
Manager Health Information Services
Permanent – Part Time or Full Time Depending on Successful Applicant – Up to 80 hours per fortnight
Classification: Dependant on skills & experience
Award: Allied Health Professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2021 - 2025
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Health Information Services Manager to join our team at MDHS. In this role you will ensure accurate and timely maintenance and coding of clinical records in accordance with the Australian Coding Standards, whilst leading clinical records management and supporting the organisation’s transition to digital medical records management systems and ensuring accuracy of relevant statistical reporting information. Join us now!
We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Embrace and promote the values of MDHS – Genuine, Respect, Excellence, Accountability & Togetherness
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to meticulously review and analyse clinical records and coding to ensure accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Leadership abilities, the capacity to lead and inspire a team of health information services professionals, fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment.
- A strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential patient information with the utmost discretion and respect for privacy regulations.
What’s in it for you?
- Great Working Environment – Join a group of motivated health care professionals with a Permanent Opportunity to join the Social Club, offering a wide range of social events and local retail discounts.
- Fantastic Earning Potential – Generous Base Salary under the Allied Health Professionals EBA with Salary Packaging available.
- Become an integral leader - Build, grow and lead the Health Information Services team at MDHS, embedding patient centred care and service excellence across the health service
- Supportive Culture with Continuous Improvement Opportunities – Culture that promotes and embraces the organisational values of GREAT (Genuine, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Togetherness) and encourages and supports employees to engage in professional development with access to the Centre of Inspired Learning and Simulation Lab.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Qualification in Health Information Management
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrated time management skills
- Knowledge of health record work processes
- Demonstrated high level of ICD-10-AM coding competency
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the PRS2/VAED and VINAH reporting requirements
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to ongoing education and professional development to ensure working within current scope of practice
- Self-motivated and able to work with independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Experience using IPM patient management Software.
- Experience using 3M Codefinder.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing electronic medical records systems.
For further information, please contact Marc Sherwell via email@example.com or on 5461 0454.
Applications for this position close on Sunday, 5th November 2023.
Applications are to include:
- Covering Letter
- Written response to the Key Selection Criteria, available in the Position Description on the position advertisement.
Applications are to be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below.
MDHS is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and a Working with Children Check. NDIS Workers Screening will be required for workers identified as working within a risk assessed role.