- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Hospital Geelong is a 253 bed hospital and is the leading provider of private health care in the Barwon and South-Western region. The hospital provides a range of services including an emergency department, day surgery, medical, surgical and maternity services, along with a 24 hour critical care unit and Cath Lab services.
Geelong is a picturesque beach side town located in beautiful Port Phillip Bay within commuting distance from Melbourne. This is the perfect opportunity if you have been wanting a sea change and a rewarding new career in the role of Manager, Health Information Services. Relocation assistance may be negotiated for the successful candidate.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient and effective management of resources and services of the Health Information department, leading a small team of dedicated Health Information Clerks. In addition, to facilitate the delivery of high level customer service, the maintenance of health record systems and health information in accordance with accreditation standards and relevant legislation.
You will work in close partnership with the Shared Health Information Services (HIS) Centre on revenue assurance/optimisation, clinical documentation improvement and process review/development to ensure accurate data submissions and coding KPI’s are met.
This position is available on a permanent full time basis working 76 hours per fortnight. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, with no shift work or weekend work required. A hybrid working arrangement can be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you are a demonstrated leader with experience leading a team in the health care sector we would love to hear from you. Experience in Health Information Management is preferable, but not essential. Comprehensive training will be provided.
The successful candidate will meet these essential criteria:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the mission and values of St John of God Health Care.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (preferable), or equivalent qualification and/or broad experience working in a health care environment.
- Demonstrated managerial and supervisory skills, with an ability to nurture and develop teams and individuals.
- High-level written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capability to liaise with multidisciplinary professionals.
- Knowledge of casemix funding desirable.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyse information and data.
- Experience in managing projects and leading teams
- Highly developed organisational skills, with a demonstrated aptitude to achieve targets.
- Well-developed knowledge of legislative and reporting requirements related to the management of Health Information Services, desirable.
- Sound computer literacy and expertise in the use of software packages and databases, including Patient Admission System (PAS), Scanned Health record (SHR) and the Microsoft office suite, desirable.
- Financial relocation assistance if applicable
- A welcoming and supportive culture
- Collaborative leadership team
- Highly competitive salary & entitlements
- Salary packaging up to $18,550 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, rent, meal entertainment, holiday accommodation or other everyday living expenses as well as options to salary package benefits above the FBT cap on items such as:
- Novated leasing
- work related expenses
- self-education and
- additional superannuation
- A healthy work-life balance through flexible work options, additional purchased leave & well-being programs
- Employee discount on St John of God Hospital & Medical Services and Private Health Insurance
- Employee support through our dedicated free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Innovative Professional Development opportunities
- Access to a range of Lifestyle, Health & Wellbeing rewards & discounts
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed above). You can access the position description via this link > Manager Health Information Services, VIC Hospitals.pdf
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19 and Influenza (where mandated) in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
For enquiries contact Sarah Shanahan, on 0409 047 016.