- Posted by:
St John of God Geelong Hospital is a 276-bed hospital located in the CBD of Geelong, and is recognised as the leading provider of private health care in the Barwon and South-western region of Victoria. Voted Geelong’s number one private hospital and winner of the Best Large Business Award in the 2016 and 2017 Geelong Business Excellence Awards, we pride ourselves on our reputation for excellence in clinical care.
The hospital has an opportunity for a suitably experienced Manager - Health Information Services to join the team on a permanent full-time position working 76 hours per fortnight.
As Manager - Health Information Services, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective management of resources and services of Health Information and facilitate the delivery of a high level of customer service. Your responsibilities will include maintenance of health record systems and health information in accordance with accreditation standards and relevant legislation.
This role works in close partnership with the Shared Health Information Services (HIS) Centre on revenue assurance/optimisation, clinical documentation improvement, and process review/development to ensure accurate data submissions and coding KPI’s are met.
To be considered, you will have a Bachelor of Health Information Management, or equivalent qualification with five (5) years’ experience working in a health care environment preferred.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management, or equivalent qualification and/or a minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a health care environment.
- Demonstrated managerial and supervisory skills, with an ability to nurture and develop teams and individuals
- High-level written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capability to liaise with multidisciplinary professionals.
- Excellent knowledge of casemix funding.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyse information and data.
- Experience in managing projects and leading teams
- Highly developed organisational skills, with a demonstrated aptitude to achieve targets.
- Well-developed knowledge of legislative and reporting requirements related to the management of Health Information Services.
- Sound computer literacy and expertise in the use of software packages and databases, including Patient Admission System (PAS), Scanned Health record (SHR) and the Microsoft office suite.
We can offer you:
- Generous salary packaging options
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave
- On-site subsidised parking
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work options
- Employee Assistance Program
To apply, please click