- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Geelong Hospital is a 284-bed hospital located in the CBD of Geelong, and is recognised as the leading provider of private health care in the Barwon and South-western region of Victoria. The hospital offers services including maternity, cardiac, oncology, rehabilitation and emergency care.
The Hospital has an opportunity available for a committed individual to commence as Manager Health Information Services to ensure efficient and effective operational management of health information services, which will include the facilitation of high level customer service, the maintenance of health record systems and health information in accordance with accreditation standard and legislation.
This position is offered on either a permanent full time basis, working 76 hours per fortnight or part time. Hours are negotiable for the right candidate.
To be classified as a Health Information Manager, you will have a Bachelor of Health Information Management, or equivalent qualification and/or a minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a health care environment.
We can offer you the following:
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Flexible work options
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave
- Highly competitive salary & conditions
- Opportunities for post-graduate course support
- Dynamic multidisciplinary team
- Professional development opportunities
- Various corporate discounts & benefits
- Close to public transport in central CBD location
- On-site subsidised parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 weeks paid parental leave
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19, or meet the criteria for exemption, in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.