- Posted by: Andrea Gall
About the role
The Manager - Health Information Services (HIS) has primary responsibility for the governance, management and control of all patient records and clinical information across South West Healthcare (SWH).
The position provides oversight and leadership for managers and staff within the HIS unit.
The role is also responsible for maintaining a customer service focus across SWH, with the patient/client at the center of care delivery.
- Full Time (40 hours per week with monthly ADO), Fixed Term role ending 20/03/2026
- Salary Range: $121,186.00 – $133,530.80 per annum, plus superannuation.
- Located in Warrnambool - coastal living in regional Victoria
What you bring
To succeed in this role you will be an experienced Health Information Manager/Clinical coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities. You will have excellent organisations skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
You will also demonstrate;
- Diploma or Degree in Health Information Management
- Eligible for membership with the Health Information Management Association Australia (HIMAA)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing a Health Information Service providing Clinical Records management, Clinical Data management, Clinical Coding, and Health Information Access services, including the ability to plan, direct and evaluate services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health information management systems, including patient information systems and clinical classification systems, with experience in analysis, implementation, and management of these systems.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation, consultation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide high-level advice at the Executive/Senior Clinician level.
- Demonstrated high-level commitment to quality improvement with expertise in the implementation of quality management strategies and achievement of required accreditation standards.
- Sound knowledge of National Funding Model and demonstrated ability to analyse casemix information.
What we offer
You will enjoy benefits such as:
- Excellent salary packaging options including meals & entertainment, novated leasing and additional superannuation contributions;
- Internal and external professional development opportunities;
- Ongoing supervision;
- A range of internal development opportunities focusing on personal development such as resilience and mentoring workshops and comprehensive leadership programs;
- Excellent terms and conditions of employment.
Who we are
As an organisation SWH prides themselves on their values; Care, Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Leadership and their overall dedication to the local community.
SWH respects all individuals and promote equity and inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, racial, cultural and religious backgrounds and socio- economic status.
SWH is the major specialist referral centre for the Barwon South West sub-region, and provides a comprehensive range of acute, sub-acute, specialist, community, mental health and aged services.
With a population of 39,000 and a catchment of 100,000 Warrnambool is the regional centre to Victoria's Great South Coast.
To learn about the vibrant town and region please visit: http://www.warrnambool.com/
How to apply
Submit your application by selecting the Apply button below and include a cover letter and resume by Sunday 16th July 2023. Please ensure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
- Police Record Check
- Employee Working with Children's Check
- Current Immunisation status
Note: If you experience any difficulties with this website, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org