- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God South East Melbourne (SEM) has a key leadership opportunity available for a committed and enthusiastic individual to commence as Manager Health Information Services on a permanent, full time contract working 76 hours per fortnight.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management of the Health Information Services (HIS) department, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of medical records services to meet operational requirements and standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Completion of a degree in Bachelor of Health Information Management.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a health care environment.
- Experience in managing computerised patient administration systems, advanced use of word processing, spreadsheets and data query software.
- Recent working experience of clinical coding using ICD-10-AM in accordance with National Coding Standards.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing statistics, and extraction of information for management reporting.
- Proven effective team management and leadership ability within the Health Care Industry.
- High level of written, oral and interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with multidisciplinary professionals.
- Well-developed knowledge of legislative and reporting requirements related to the management of Health Information Services.
- Excellent understanding of clinical coding, DRGS and Casemix.
- Demonstrated budget preparation and budget management experience.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the ACHS, EQUIP Accreditation process and requirements.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and evaluate medical record policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of form design standards.
- An understanding of and commitment to quality improvement and risk management.
- Multi-site team management experience
- Salary: $130,000 - $135,000, plus 11% superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $15,900 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses.
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Flexible work options
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave.
* All applicants must address the essential criteria available on the last page of the position description available via this link > Manager Health Information Services, SEM.pdf
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19 and Influenza in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
For enquiries contact Nicki Hockley, via email email@example.com
Applications Close: 25 August 2023