- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
Our National Coding team has a new opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced HIM/Coder to lead the team on a permanent full-time position working 76 hours per fortnight, based in Perth.
You will be responsible for setting coding strategy and practices, and ensuring clinical coding services delivered by the National Coding Team are performed in accordance with these on behalf of all SJGHC hospitals.
- Overall accountability for the management of the National Coding Team.
- Establishment of consistent, leading practice coding policies and processes to ensure timely and accurate clinical coding that minimises the risk of month end revenue volatility.
- Makes ongoing improvements to coding systems and process, to ensure alignment with leading practice is maintained and any system and process issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure complete and up to date policies and procedures affecting all aspects of coding and casemix are documented and maintained and ensure these are effectively communicated as appropriate.
You will have a relevant University Degree such as Bachelor of Health Information Management/Clinical Coding Qualification and at significant experience in a senior coding role, as well as extensive knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards, clinical coding issues and broad casemix complexities.
To succeed you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships and provide effective advice and expertise with regard to project methodology.
You will be capable of both working autonomously and in collaboration with key stakeholders, with the confidence to be able to support and deliver results across all areas of the function. Above all, people will be at the core of everyting you do committing to and supporting our Mission and Values.
We Can Offer You
- Highly competitive salary and conditions
- Salary packaging benefits
- Flexible work options
- A welcoming and supportive culture
- Access to various corporate discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Central CBD location - close to public transport
- Option to purchase additional leave
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Healthcare are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19 in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.