- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Together, we can do more.
Do you pride yourself on your strong organisational, operational, and interpersonal communication skills?
Then you could be the perfect Health Information Manager (HIM) to join the professionals at Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD). We are looking for an experienced HIM who has:
- excellent technical and analytical skills
- the relevant tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management and at least five years’ experience managing a health information service and team
- knowledge and/or experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Record (Powerchart) and KOFAX scanning software
In this role, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the Wollongong Hospital Health Information Service (HIS), manage HIS operations for the Northern Illawarra Hospital Group (NIHG), and deputise for the District Health Information Manager (which may include travel within the district), as required.
Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
From Helensburgh in the north, to North Durras in the south, ISLHD covers an area of 5,687 square kms. That is 5,687 square kms of beautiful beaches, coastal cycling tracks, lush rainforests, incredible bushwalks and friendly people. The region is also host to many annual food, wine and arts festivals and events.
ISLHD operate eight hospital sites, employ over 8,500 staff, and provide community health services across 58 locations.
This role will operate out of Wollongong Hospital, the Districts major tertiary referral hospital. The hospital is in the Wollongong metropolitan area and is close to many amazing restaurants, beaches, and hiking trails. There are also multiple commuting options, with the hospital located close to Wollongong train station, numerous bus stops within walking distance and paid on-site parking.
Looking for more than just a salary?
Besides your salary, you will also have access to:
- WFH options and flexible hours - discussed after completion of first six months
- Salary packaging – less tax and more take-home pay
- Novated leasing – lease a car and pay for all running costs out of your pre-taxed salary (eligible full-time employees)
- Allocated Days Off (ADO) – once a month take a paid day off (eligible full-time employees)
- Fitness Passport - discounted gym membership that both you and your family can enjoy (eligible employees)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – free confidential and professional assistance for staff and their families
- Training and education opportunities
- Career progression, professional development, and secondment opportunities
- The opportunity to teach/mentor HIM students during their placement at Wollongong Hospital
Apply now by addressing the selection criteria found in the Position Description (below) and submitting your resume.
Need more information or help applying?
- View the Position Description
- Visit the ISLHD website
- Learn more about ISLHD’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and other important information
- Follow us on social media: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
For role-related queries or help applying, we encourage you to contact Frank Byrne, District Health Information Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0448 349 630 (during business hours)