- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Are you a skilled Clinical Coder with excellent mentoring and training skills? Are you looking for the next move in your clinical coding career?
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dynamic Clinical Coding Auditor / Educator to join the Healthscope HIM team in Sydney to support our amazing HIMs and Clinical Coders across NSW/ACT.
This position will draw on your extensive coding experience and allow you to utilise skills learned in the Clinical Coding Auditing certification you have gained or are working towards. You will work closely with the State HIM and the HIS Managers at site level as well as providing feedback and recommendations to site and corporate Executive Management.
You will travel across all the NSW/ACT Healthscope hospitals and be responsible for supporting and assisting health fund audits, revenue optimisation audits and training. The position will be based out of our NSW Neutral Bay Office.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the clinical coding training program, within NSW/ACT.
- Responsible for conducting education to all sites using all available technology and audit outcomes.
- Conduct coding quality audits for all sites within NSW/ACT.
- Providing feedback to hospitals and senior management team on outcomes and enhancement of improving revenue optimisation through clinical coding education.
- Work collaboratively with Educator/Auditors and State HIMs in other regions to establish a training and mentor program for trainee clinical coders and students of the Clinical Coding Scholarship program within the region.
- Oversee the training and mentor program for trainee clinical coders in NSW/ACT hospitals.
- Senior Clinical Coder - Advanced HIMAA Clinical Coding Certificate
- Clinical Coding Audit Qualification or working towards
- Clinical coding experience in large acute hospital with varied casemix
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to apply the Australian Coding Standards, ICD10-AM and ACHI codes, across all relevant Specialties
- Sound level of clinical knowledge relating to clinical coding
- High-level ability to train, educate and mentor clinical coders at all levels of competency and knowledge.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Previous Private Hospital experience
- Working knowledge of webPAS Patient Management System; 3M Codefinder and other related software
- Knowledge of private sector funding models.