- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
The CFO Division is responsible for developing and maintaining budgets, providing strategic financial advice, procurement and supply, and operational reporting across the health service. Additionally, the CFO Division includes the Health Information Services (HIS) team, which provides a range of services including:
- Provision of health records and personal health information for patient care, research, quality improvement, education, and medicolegal purposes;
- Clinical record scanning and management of paper and electronic health records;
- Clinical coding and casemix data generation; and
- Patient identifier management.
The Privacy and Information Compliance Manager is responsible for overseeing the release of personal health information across CHS, for monitoring compliance with privacy legislation, and for investigating alleged breaches of privacy. This will include managing the HIS Release of Information (ROI) teams and liaising with internal and external stakeholders in relation to ROI as necessary; conducting record access and privacy audits; liaising and corresponding with complainants and other stakeholders around allegations of privacy breaches; and providing education and training around confidentiality and privacy.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Have an understanding of how the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS)indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in alignment to the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Frameworkand all other related frameworks.
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
Note: This is a temporary position available for six months with the possibility of extension.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Contact Officer: Robyn Lunt on Robyn.Lunt@act.gov.au or (02) 51443331