- Posted by: HIMAA
ABOUT THE ROLE AND THE DEPARTMENT:
About the role - Functions of this role, based at Werribee Mercy Hospital (WMH), will include: project planning, stakeholder consultation, data analysis and reporting, and will be a key resource in supporting projects in the portfolio to establish and meet project plan timelines, milestones and KPIs. They will be leading the HIT Work Plan.
About the department - The Project Lead – Elective Surgery Reform will work within the Business Improvement and Sustainable Care Office to support the planning, development, and implementation of defined Elective Surgery Reform Projects at Mercy Hospitals Victoria Limited (MHVL).
• Full Time / Fixed Term to 30 June 2024
• Werribee Mercy Hospital
• Health related qualification <e.g. Allied Health, Nursing, Public Health, Health Science, other> &/or:
• Bachelor degree qualification with experience working on complex projects in a hospital or other healthcare setting.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
• caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
• encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
• protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
• taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
• offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
• Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
• Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
• Jace Whakaari - JWhakaari@mercy.com.au - 0403 605 655
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.