- Posted by:
Regional Health Information Manager (HIM) based at Gosford Private Hospital
Are you a hands-on Health Information Manager with a collaborative mindset? A full time vacancy exists for an experienced Health Information Manager to lead the dedicated Health Information team servicing three Healthe Care Central Coast Hospitals – Gosford, Brisbane Waters & Tuggerah Lakes.
We are looking for someone with excellent clinical knowledge and exceptional communication skills, an analytical and critical thinker with a never ending desire to achieve best practice across all aspects of Health Information Service delivery.
The successful candidate will report to the Regional Finance Manager, but also be supported by each of the hospital CEOs’ and Healthe Care’s National HIM team.
Our hospitals are located on the Central Coast of NSW, one hour north of Sydney. It is known for its beautiful harbour setting, lovely beaches, pretty local villages, boutique hotels, stunning coastal terrain, great shopping and lush national parks – the Central Coast makes for a perfect work-life balance.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (HIM) or equivalent qualifications acceptable for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Working knowledge of State and Commonwealth Government Statutory requirements
- Knowledge of Medico-legal and Privacy Legislation and principles
- Competent keyboard skills and efficient use of MS Office
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Recent (within 2-3 years) experience in clinical coding in a tertiary hospital setting
- Minimum of two years management experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of health funds and their requirements
- Previous experience planning, developing, implementing and administering health information service policies and projects
- Tertiary business and operational leadership or management studies
For information regarding applications and to submit your written application, contact:
Regional Finance Manager
Applications close Sunday 12th June 2022.
Interviews (and appointment) may occur prior to closing date for the successful applicant.
***Unfortunately, due to the large volumes of applications received we are not able to provide individual feedback to applicants not shortlisted for an interview***