- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Regional Health Information Manager - Victoria
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s leading private health care provider with over 460 facilities in 10 countries including the UK, Europe, Asia, US and Australia.
Ramsay employs more than 80,000 people who are united around a common purpose of People Caring for People.
The Ramsay Corporate Health Information Management team has a unique opportunity for an experienced Health Information Manager to join our multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive operational expertise for Ramsay Health Care facilities across our Victorian portfolio.
- Reporting to the Director of Health Information Management and joining the team of other Regional/State HIM’s, Auditor Educators and a National CDS Manager, the Victorian Regional Health Information Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and managing the strategic direction of all HIM and Clinical Coding functions at a regional level. Working closely with site HIMs and Clinical Coders, and Ramsay Corporate to implement and manage processes and functions to achieve the HIM and Clinical Coder strategic plan.
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Influential – proven ability to leverage internal and external resources, handle conflict and influence stakeholders.
- Hands-on – willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Lead by example – you embrace changes in coding and HIM standards/practices and technology, enthusiastically educating and guiding your colleagues.
- Strong sense of ownership, accountable for outcomes.
Central to these roles is the ability for our candidate to understand, embrace and embed the ‘Ramsay Way’ culture into initiatives and ensure alignment to projects and deliverables.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications - Associate Diploma, Bachelor of (Applied) Science, Medical Record Administration / Health Information Management or equivalent.
- Eligible for membership with the Health Information Management Association of Australia HIMAA).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Health Information Management Role.
- Thorough understanding of Clinical Coding using ICD-10-AM and the knowledge and ability to appropriately apply up to date coding standards and practice.
- Demonstrated experience and thorough understanding of patient administration system and revenue cycle components.
- Understanding of private health insurance rules and legislation and funding models.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver results within strict timeframes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy with demonstrated attention to detail.
- High level of computer literacy particularly in Microsoft suite of products and 3M code finder, Turbocoder and other coding related tools.