- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Remote Health Information Manager / Clinical Coder
- Grade 2
- Flexible business hours between 6:30 am - 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- Option to work from home or a friendly office environment
Based in Gippsland, Latrobe Regional Health are looking for a HIM/Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Unit on a part time or full time basis.
The position is to undertake remote accurate, comprehensive and timely clinical coding across Latrobe Regional Health and assist in maintaining an effective and efficient Health Information Unit thereby contributing to the quality of patient care.
The successful applicant is required to utilise our Electronic Health Record to accurately code inpatient episodes of care.
LRH employees enjoy access to:
- Free access to our Staff Wellbeing Centre offering a range of health education and wellbeing services
- Access to ongoing development through daily education sessions, bespoke training and career & study support
- Tailored flexible work options to support work life balance, including ADO’s, 5 weeks leave, regional salary packaging and additional purchased leave
- Fantastic social club activities and diverse and inclusive workplace activities
- Workplace Wellbeing programs and activities uniquely designed for LRH staff
We are looking for candidates with:
- Successful completion of a recognised Clinical Coding Course (HIMAA or equivalent)
- Experience and demonstrated competency in Clinical Coding using ICD-10-AM Classification system across a broad case mix for a period of at least 3 years
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and ability to demonstrate attention to detail
For more information about this exciting opportunity, we encourage you to contact Sarah Hawkey on (03) 5173 8501 for a confidential discussion.
LRH was proud to be the recipient of the 2022 Premier’s Health Service of the Year (Medium) Award. This prestigious award recognises the amazing work of our team in driving change and improvement in the health outcomes for the Victorian community.
We are located 150 km east of Melbourne, and LRH is the regional provider of a broad range of specialist health services including hospital based, sub-acute and mental health services across Gippsland.
Now is an exciting time to join the LRH team, with $217 million expansion nearing completion, offering improved maternity and paediatric facilities, larger intensive care unit, increase medical and surgical beds and additional operating theatres.
Diversity and Inclusion
We actively embrace workforce diversity, equity and inclusion, and encourage applications from across our community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. LRH’s Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants and can be contacted on (03) 5173 8653.
IMPORTANT: All staff employed in the healthcare sector are required to be vaccinated for 3 COVID-19 doses and current season influenza vaccination, unless a valid medical exemption applies.