- Posted by: HIMAA
Senior Clinical Coder
- Join a team that believes its people are its greatest asset.
- Permanent Full Time and Part Time or Casual Opportunities
- We offer a genuine commitment to work-life balance, learning and development
Peninsula Private Hospital is looking for an experienced Senior Clinical Coder to join our coding team. We are looking for someone with a commitment to high quality coded data, expanding services, an increasingly diverse case mix, auditing and training opportunities. We offer a flexible work environment and extensive support network of Health Information Managers, Clinical Documentation Specialists and educators.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards
- Participate in internal and external clinical coding audits
- Support and mentor trainee and qualified clinical coders
- A tertiary qualification in Health Information Management or recognised Clinical Coding qualification
- Successful completion of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 12th Edition education
- Minimum 3 years coding experience with varied and complex case mix preferred
- Practical knowledge and experience in current disease classification
- Experience in the use of 3M Codefinder software;
- Knowledge of health fund contracts and Australian Revised Diagnostic Related Groups (ARDRG);
- Sound IT skills
- Excellent organisational & communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise;
- Experience with Coding Training and Auditing
- Commitment to high standards of service through a continuous improvement focus;
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's southeast.
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- A distinctive culture of People Caring for People
- Flexible career pathways and unparallel learning and development
- Study leave
- Employee benefits scheme
- Wide variety of Professional development programs
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Recognition and rewards programs
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact:
Courtney Finlay, Deputy HIS Manager