- Posted by: Andrea Gall
#515648 Clinical Coder/Senior Clinical Coder/HIM Coder
Health Information Services and ICT/Clinical Coding Unit
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Permanent Part-Time or Full-time position
- Permanent Full Time, or Permanent Part Time (4 days per week).
- Remuneration: Administration Officer Level $35.22 -$39.14 or Health Services Manager Level 1 $41.14-$54.73
- Classification: Administration Officer Level 4-6 or Health Services Manager Level 1 dependent upon qualifications and experience.
About the role
The Clinical Coding Team is a well-supported unit that utilise both paper and electronic health records to accurately code all inpatient episodes of care. Using the latest 3M Encoder Software and National Coding Standards our team participate in ongoing education and training activities.
- Apply knowledge of the Australian Coding Standards routinely.
- Maintain a throughput of 25-30 records per day for assigned casemix.
- Understand Activity Based Funding principles and how they apply to coding.
- Interpret complex clinical documentation in multiple formats across systems and records.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Calvary with the ability and desire to uphold these principles.
What you bring
- ICD10-AM tertiary coding qualification and IHACPA 12th edition update completed.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of hospital-based information systems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all work matters and to communicate effectively.
- Medical Terminology skills and proven attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work
- Proven ability to work unsupervised, as a member of a high functioning team, and able to meet throughput targets.
Pease review the position descriptions below to assess your suitability for each role, detail your preference when addressing the selection criteria.
The Calvary Mater Newcastle is an Affiliated Health Organisation providing services to both public and private patients primarily from the Hunter New England area. Current employees of NSW Health can request to have various leave entitlement balances transferred to Calvary Mater Newcastle on commencement. Leave types may include but not limited to Long Service Leave, Annual Leave and Sick Leave. Applicants are encouraged to discuss this with the Convenor for further information.
For further information please contact Sarah Rose, Coding Manager on (02) 40144828 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paid parental leave.
- Training, development pathways and career opportunities.
- NFP salary packaging benefits, discounted health insurance and gym memberships.
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete pre-employment checks which may include, but is not limited to reference checks, work rights and criminal history check to ensure suitability for the role.
- You will be required to provide evidence of immunisation as required for your role including COVID-19.