- Posted by:
Health Information Management Services (HIMS) at the Princess Alexandra Hospital are looking for a Senior Clinical Coder (Tertiary Casemix) to join their team. HIMS is managed within Digital Health & Informatics by the Chief Information Officer and comprises five separate units that provide essential administrative services for the efficient functioning of Metro South Health hospitals.
Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland’s population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Under the direction of the Coding Manager, guide and mentor the clinical coders in accordance with organisational goals, guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Through quality systems, manage auditing, data verification and clinical liaison to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of inpatient morbidity data.
- To accurately assign specific morbidity and procedural classifications to patient episodes to meet data reporting requirements of Queensland Health.
- The Senior Coder is acknowledged as having high level clinical coding skills and knowledge, across a broad range of specialties in a tertiary setting, through extensive on the job experience.
- The position is required to liaise and communicate with clinicians in relation to provision of documentation to support coded data quality.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE² values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.