- Posted by:
As a Senior Clinical Coding Auditor/Senior Health Information Manager at Beamtree, you are part of a highly professional team of clinical classification experts, coding auditors, data scientists, mathematicians, software engineers, and people who are passionate about utilising quality clinical data to improve health outcomes and patient care.
Who we are
Beamtree, an Australian listed business delivering even better value to the healthcare system in Australia and beyond. Beamtree helps health services make the best decisions possible through our insights and benchmarking. Using our tools PICQ, RISQ, RippleDown and workflow systems like Q Coding Platform (amongst others). We help all kinds of healthcare areas in different ways, saving partners money, time and effort, all ultimately benefiting patients.
What you’ll do
- Manage and deliver clinical coding audits, which involves the end-to-end process for auditing, such as validating the sampling methodology, working with internal and external key stakeholders, conducting the audit (onsite or remotely), documenting audit findings, providing feedback and education to coders and management and identifying recommendations to improve the clinical coding quality and contribute to the final audit report.
- Provide clinical coding, ABF, HAC education and clinical coding edition changes, using a range of delivery methods such as individual and group feedback sessions, round table discussions and case studies and presentations.
- Provide advice to the Beamtree team regarding all aspects of clinical classification, as required whether local (Australian) or international.
- Develop and provide clinical coding training and competency-based testing
- Undertake accurate clinical coding by interpreting and abstracting relevant clinical information from medical records and other clinical information systems
- Adhering to the IHPA guidelines whilst utilising the ICD-10-AM 11th edition, ACHI and ACS
- Ensure accurate clinical coding assignment, in relation to which ever classification is being utilised, to meet compliance and reporting requirements
- Participate in ongoing professional development and contribute to the development of clinical coding classification systems, such as IHPA, HIMAA and other organisation as required
- Support other health information activities as required
Who you are
You are someone who is passionate about improving health outcomes through the quality of clinical data. Your background should include:
- Minimum 5 years clinical coding experience with exposure to a diverse casemix
- High level clinical coding knowledge across a broad range of clinical specialties
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience and proficiency with clinical coding of medical records in ICD-10-AM editions, Australian Coding Standards and Activity Based Funding principles
- HIMAA Advanced Coding Qualifications, LaTrobe Auditing Course qualifications or equivalent tertiary qualifications
- Eligible for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Experience providing education, support and mentoring to a Clinical Coding teams
- Ability to access priorities and organise workload effectively and efficiently
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and a passion for clinical coding quality
In addition to the above, you will have a high standard of organisation skills & attention to detail, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
You’ll have the ability to be self-directed, motivated and committed to self-improvement, maintaining your relevant professional development including knowledge of updates to clinical coding and related standards, legislation, clinical information systems clinical practices, privacy and security practices and health information management.
This role can be based from home however occasional work onsite with clients may be required.