- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Health Professional Level 6
Salary Range: $157,201 (PN: 60816 - 029HS)
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
The CFO Division is responsible for developing and maintaining budgets, providing strategic financial advice, procurement and supply, and operational reporting across the health service. Additionally, the CFO Division includes the Health Information Services (HIS) team, which provides a range of services including:
- Provision of health records and personal health information for patient care, research, quality improvement, education, and medicolegal purposes;
- Clinical record scanning and management;
- Clinical coding and casemix data generation; and
- Patient identifier management.
The Senior Director of HIS is responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership for clinical records and heath information management functions, implementing service improvements and undertaking performance monitoring to meet the medical, legal, ethical and administrative requirements of health care delivery across Canberra Health Services.
The successful applicant will lead a diverse cohort of managers and professionals across the HIS operational teams to undertake the following essential functions:
- Identity management and chart corrections in the Digital Health Record (DHR)
- Clinical record scanning
- Release of Information and record access for research and quality purposes
- Clinical record management across CHS including community-based services
- Clinical coding and clinical documentation improvement
- Data quality activities including KPI monitoring and reporting
- User access auditing
Responsibilities include policy development, management, planning and best practice service delivery, as well as compliance with the organisation’s risk management, clinical and corporate governance frameworks.
The successful applicant will work collaboratively with team leaders across HIS to identify improvement opportunities, and to help build a collaborative, proactive workplace culture consistent with CHS values.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive and resilience.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs.
- Confident communicator with strong liaison/negotiating skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve performance objectives and ability to work well within a team environment.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in Health Information Management (HIM).
- Previous experience in a Senior HIM role and demonstrated experience in leading and managing the performance of HIS teams.
- A thorough knowledge of Australian Standards in relation to paper-based and/or digitised (scanned) health record system requirements.
CHS is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems.
- Current Australian driver’s licence.
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
Contact Officer: Jennifer Elliott (02) 5124 3326 Jennifer.Elliott@act.gov.au
How to Apply: For further information, please visit www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au (Ref: 029HS)
Applications Close: 06 April 2023