- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Senior Health Information Manager – Team Leader
Austin Health is looking for an experienced Health Information Manager to join our diverse and supportive Casemix team in one of three new Team Leader roles. Our Casemix team is part of the new Performance Reporting & Division Support, which includes support from our Clinical Analytics and Reporting teams.
- Permanent Full Time or Part Time Position (30.4 hours p/w - minimum)
- Heidelberg location with hybrid working model: Moving to new office space in 2023
- Flexible working arrangements including ADOs and working from home
About Austin Health:
Austin Health is one of Victoria’s largest health care providers. Comprising of the Austin Hospital, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Royal Talbot Rehabilitation, Hospital in the Home and community based health services; Austin Health is an internationally recognised leader in clinical teaching, training and research, with numerous university and research institute affiliations.
About the position:
- You will support, develop and manage a small team of HIMs / Clinical Coders to achieve coding deadlines and quality of coding
- You will be the lead or work closely with the lead of one our portfolios. Our portfolios are: education, audit, clinical engagement and reporting.
- You will be a main contact for a specific Austin Health Specialty or Division in relation to casemix and coding matters.
- You will be involved in committees and meetings relevant to the coding function such as clinical meetings, liaison regarding documentation, and offer expert feedback related to funding streams or reimbursement.
- You may also represent the Austin Health Casemix team outside of Austin Health. You will undertake coding and related audit and any other coding related duties such as error collection, write up of audit results, PICQ etc.
- You will also be the delegate for the Coding Manager in their absence.
- Develop KPIs and collection of information to monitor our service provision.
- The Casemix Team will have 3 team leaders and you will work with other Senior HIMs and report to the Coding Manager.
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Relevant Health Information Management degree or Clinical Coding qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a coding related role in a tertiary hospital environment
- Staff management experience
- Excellent clinical coding skills (ICD-10-AM 12th edition)
- Good understanding of Casemix/Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs)
- A commitment to Austin Health values: Our actions show we care, together we achieve, we bring our best, and we shape the future
What we offer you:
- Greater take-home pay through generous salary packaging
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness memberships and health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring and career development opportunities
- Onsite car parking and end of journey facilities for cyclists
- Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
- Support from an experienced and friendly team
Inclusion at Austin:
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.