- Posted by:
Responsible for providing Health Information Management support to the Service Line and optimise Weighted Activity Units. The Senior Health Information Officer - Service Line will also act as an expert professional consultant in the area of Weighted Activity Unit Optimisation and coordinate Health Information Management responses and actions as necessary. The position is located within a Service Line to provide direct support of Health Information Management functions. The position reports directly to and works in close collaboration with the Director Clinical Health Information Services in regards to departmental operational requirements. Duties are performed independently within scope to exercise initiative within established practices and procedures.
Metro North Health is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering excellent care underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, high performance, teamwork and compassion.
Metro North Health provides the full range of public sector health services including rural, regional and tertiary teaching hospitals. Our service covers an area of 4157 square kilometres and extends from the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy.
Metro North facilities include:
- Caboolture Hospital
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Kilcoy Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service
- Community and Oral Health
- Metro North Mental Health
Working within Metro North Health is an opportunity to contribute to providing outstanding health services to Queenslanders. We are committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and encourages staff to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
Metro North Health promotes a healthy balance between your work and personal life, provides flexible work hours, paid parental leave and study leave options.
For further information please visit the Metro North Health website. This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Conduct real time reviews of clinical information from appropriate tools and resources to identify omissions in documentation for response by the treating clinicians of the designated Service Line.
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate resources e.g. Queensland Hospital Admitted Patient Data Collection (QHAPDC), Funding Agreement, Quality Improvement Payments, Localisations etc. to ensure that the program is counting activity accurately.
- Provide clinical classification, coding and documentation education to program key stakeholders for the accurate reporting of Activity Based Funding activity.
- Coordinate / participate in Health Information Service functions specific to the Service Line to ensure the accurate assignment of clinical codes.
- Complete targeted clinical coding audits for the Service Line and identify priority areas for inclusion on the audit schedule.
Job ad reference number: RD413549 Close date: Wednesday, 13 April 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED