- Posted by: Andrea Gall
Summary of the role:
Mercy Health is seeking a Service Manager with experience working in the aged care sector to lead our team at Mercy Place Ballarat, Ballarat, VIC.
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Located at Ballarat, a 112 bed small household living model residential aged care home.
- Be an active leader of a team where communication is valued and continuous improvement is promoted in accordance with accreditation and aged care standards.
- Lead a culture that promotes positivity and safety while delivering our Model of Care that focuses on the individual emotional and physical needs of the resident.
- You will liaise with all stakeholders to deliver best practice operational and clinical services, including allied health, hospitality, lifestyle and community activities.
- Strong HR and people management skills including staff leadership and development, succession planning and experience in change management in a residential aged care environment.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to engage residents, families, the community and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Business acumen (i.e. budgets, efficient rostering, occupancy) and aged care knowledge relating to AN-ACC, accreditation and expected aged care standards.
- The ability to unite and lead a team that is focused on high performance in a values-driven culture.
- Demonstrated understanding of person-centred care and ability to work in a team environment.
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse desirable, not essential
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
What we offer:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- Caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- Encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- Protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- Taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- Offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
What you will need:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and/or NDIS workers screening check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
Employment with Mercy Health is subject to satisfactory background checks which can include Police Record Check, Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Clearance.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process, please contact us on the details below.
Rose Tunious, Regional Manager, RAC- NW VIC
Vinu Nair, Recruitment Lead, Healthy Ageing
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.