- Posted by:
- Fantastic opportunity to learn or expand on your management skills
- Join a well-established, high performing team of both clerical and coding staff
- Based in Geelong with work from home mix
- Salary packaging benefits of $15,900 p.a plus $2,650 meals and entertainment allowance
Epworth Geelong Health Information Services (HIS) is seeking an enthusiastic HIM to join our team as the Site Manager - Health Information Services in a maternity leave replacement role. (Min 14 months tenure with potential for ongoing)
The successful applicant will be self-directed, have initiative and problem solving ability, and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
The Site Manager – HIS role holds a predominant position in the management of coding and clerical resources at Epworth Geelong and provides contribution to other Epworth sites. The role contributes significantly to the direction of HIS to ensure we achieve our strategic objectives.
This role is responsible to lead, develop and support our high performing, close knit HIS team. They will ensure that all coding and scanning performance indicators are maintained by the team. This role provides a point of contact for the organisation in regards to medical records, data requests, and administrative issues within the patient management system (IPM) as well as providing HIS process related training to ward clerk and patient services staff across the hospital.
This role will support our coding team by ensuring the medical record is complete and provide direction to the coding assistant staff in obtaining further information from our medical staff when required.
The role also participates in quality activities to facilitate accreditation requirements.
To be successful in this role...
You will be a personable leader who uses a collaborative approach when working with your team and your colleagues. You will have:
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working in Health Information Services
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent with eligibility for full HIMAA membership
- Outstanding computer skills including a comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience leading a team (desirable)
At Epworth, everybody matters.
It’s the sense of belonging and being part of an organisation that puts the patient in the centre of all that is done. In addition to this, you will have access to:
- Flexibility of working on-site in Geelong, as well as from home, with flexible arrangements to assist with family commitments and work life balance
- Salary packaging benefits of $15,900 p.a plus $2,650 meals and entertainment
- Access to the Epworth scholarship program to attend conferences and undertake further education
- Zero or reduced out-of-pocket expenses for health services at Epworth
- Discounted private health insurance
Epworth Geelong, located adjacent to Deakin University’s Medical School in Waurn Ponds, is developing an environment of world-class health care and education to meet the needs of the expanding population of Geelong and South West Victoria. This brand new hospital provides exciting career opportunities to doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and support staff. It features contemporary design, cutting-edge medical technology and best practice patient care, whilst offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and rehabilitation services.
At Epworth, we care.
We care about our patients and we care about our people. We care about keeping everyone safe. We care about valuing and empowering our people, and growing careers. And we care about giving our people support and flexibility to thrive, and contribute to our communities
As a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19), it is a condition of employment with Epworth HealthCare, subject to reasonable exemptions, that you have had COVID-19 vaccinations, including where recommended by public health authorities and booster vaccinations.
As a child safe organisation, all successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
At Epworth, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential to our culture and values. We focus on fairness and opportunity for all – across race, ability, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – that reflect the communities we work in. At Epworth, we care.